Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

I Wont Return To PDP- Governor Amaechi


Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi has revealed that even though some officials of his defected party have met him and tried to get him back to PDP, his decision is still and will never be moved.
Amaechi was talking during the Port Harcourt World Book Capital programme, but he refused to answer straight away if he would return if Soku oil wells would be returned to the state.
Chief Nyesom Wike, had recently said that Amaechi was on the verge of defecting from the APC back to the PDP.


Amaechi said: “I am not returning to the PDP. That man (Wike); they should check that man whether he is okay. I have finished with the PDP; I have told them. I made a promise that if they return the Kalabari oil wells, we will see how it goes, but until that happens.
“They have approached me and if they want, I will call the names of those that approached me, but that is not an issue.
“If I am progressive, it must be seen in the type of life I live; in what I do and how I relate with people; the type of governance. We introduced popular free education, gave laptops to children to take home. There are so many things we are doing that are contrary to the ideologies of the PDP, but they are wonderful men and women.”

“I said people should ignore him (Wike). Are you sure that if I tell PDP that I am coming back in 10 days, they will not throw a dance party here? When you are a President, a governor, or a minister; what you say must be factual; you can’t be part of gossip.”
Source; Naij.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments