Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

Why I Got Married At Age 22 - Yul Edochie






Nollywood actor Yul Edochie, who happens to be the son of veteran actor Pete Edochie has disclosed why he followed in his fathers footstep to get married at the young age of 22! He spoke with a correspondent from SunNews Online over the weekend, where he also talked about how he has kept his 10yr marriage going. Read excerpts below;

*Getting married at age 22 is quite young. Were you forced? Whose idea was it? And how did you meet your wife?
>The idea came from my mother. Immediately I got into school, I met my fu­ture wife and we became friends and my mother liked her a lot. So when I finished school, my mother asked me, 'assuming you were to get married now, would you get married to her?' And I said 'yes.' Mum asked again and I repeated the same thing so she said that if I'm really ready, we could do it now. She told me to ask her if she wanted to marry me. I did and she said yes so we got married.


*What really attracted you to her?
>She is beautiful and under­standing. She's not the rough, partying or crazy type. She understood me a lot and she's always been supportive.

*What advice did dad give you regarding Nollywood?
>My father always told me, 'don't take what belongs to another person. If a role is meant to be yours, it will definitely come to you; it may take some years but it will surely come to you.' He said 'don't go backbiting by going behind to take some­body else's role. Even if you're called for a particular script and at the end of the day, it's not given to you, don't go struggling for it. Instead, pray about it and walk away.

*Can you share some of the crazy things fans have done to you?

>A fan once kissed me in front of my house, in front of my wife. I was about get­ting into my car when she rushed towards me and kissed me. My wife was surprised though she's is used to it now. These days when I see such coming, I try to run away; I don't want them coming too close. - See more at: http://www.definitelykingsley.com/2014/06/why-i-got-married-at-22-actor-yul.html#sthash.O0sKrmPw.dpuf

Post a Comment

0 Comments