Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

A Brief Encounter With The 19 Guys. Just A while Ago..Please Note

I was on my way to the office this morning when a got a message from an unstored number. I initially wanted to just ignore till I get to office but the introductory caption caught my attention that I could not resist reading the text there and then. It reads
  "Joseph, can you handle a direct procurement opportunity with our office? there's mobilization. call me if you can for more details." I must confess It got me at the instance and I felt maybe I should call (just in case, you might call too: 07060480015).
So I called to know who is giving me this offer that I don't seem to be familiar with. he said his name was Charles and we once met in Egbeda a couple of months ago before he left for (wherever). I inquire to know the nature of the job and he asked me to get a pen and a book and call him in 5 minutes time for the detail of the job. He however resolved to text me the description of my "new found job" since I have refused to call back on time (but I learnt they don't usually do so). the text reads thus;
  "The materials needed is known as Cable cork..model s.p.n.1.8 qut (50pack). mobilization rate is  N250,000 per pack. confirm from Cable Metal Service through the store manager, Mr Felix on 08039718604. the current price and if they have up to 50 pack".
 Don't be surprised why I kept on following the trend of the activities but I just want to get the comprehensive idea of why would anybody gets into such a cheap trap.
So I called up the Mr Felix and was surprised that his caller tunes was a prayer from our dear Pastor Adeboye. I lingered on the phone as Baba Adeboye declares (you will never know lack this year in jesus name).
 Hello?
 Good morning..
Yes good morning.
My name is Joseph and I want to know how much is you sell Cable cork"
Ok,Cable cork model s.p.n.1.8 qut"(he dictated the specs without even telling him). it cost 170,000"
is that the last price?'
Yes. how many do you want?
I want about 50'
We have about 200 in the store presently"
kk, I will call you back.....aaannnd tomp(call ended).
would you say these guys are that good? would they have impressed, or lets say convinced you so far with these floppy arrangements? after the conversation with this Felix guy, I got bored with the whole stuff and continued with my official job, then Charles called back to know how far and I briefed him on the update. He however told me to wait till I hear from his lawyer or surety or something.. It get so boring so felt I should let him know how interested I was in his business. so I text thus:

"It hurts when sane men takes advantage of the youths who suffers from the clutches of unemployment and make them more miserable than they left them in the name of making money. How will your family(if you have one) feel when they find out about the nature of your (real job?). Turn away from this accursed profession and give your life wholely to God and and I assure you will be standing on the alter of grace to give testimony of God's true blessing. I promise you're not gonna be happy as long as you pull tears out of peoples eyes. Go get a life and stop this accurses job. I speak as a true friend. God bless you.. and good morning by the way.."

Friends, this is one out of many dubious modality that these miscreants have fashioned out to milk the desperate unemployed and cash-hungry Nigerians. I have seen and heard many who have fallen victims of these evil devices and would like to drop a note of moral consciousness to avoid the continuous success of these devil's workshops. Be careful of that call...
Kind Regards.
Your friend indeed.




Post a Comment

0 Comments