Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

Explosion Rocks Damaturu As Residents Runs Into Jungles




Explosions and gunfire has rocked the northern city of Damaturu on Monday, December 1, 2014 in a suspected terrorist attack that targeted police, residents told AFP.


The hard sound of blasts and heavy weapons being fired woke locals in the Gujba Road area of the Yobe state capital at about 4:45 am” said Umar Sada, who lives in the area.


We have left our homes. We are now in the bush. We don’t know what’s going to happen,” said Sada, who reported that a police barracks had been destroyed.

Another local resident, a government official who asked not to be identified, said: “It’s chaos all over the town.

All I can hear is explosions and gunfire from my house. I couldn’t go out for morning prayers because this started before dawn and I’m afraid to leave in case I get caught up in it.”






Post a Comment

0 Comments